The Company believes that its business gains from strong and positive relationships with its people and the communities it operates within.
This is achieved by ensuring all stakeholders gain from our operations, this includes the shareholders, employees, contractors and the communities we operate in.
Four key components for achieving this are:
- Viable and sustainable operation;
- Safety and Health of the people working within our operations;
- Sustainable and Responsible Management of the Environment; and
- Participation in Community Development Programmes that deliver sustainable benefits to the communities we operate in.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
The Company firmly believes that injuries and illness resulting from our operations are preventable and will work to improve the Safety and Health of all people working within our operations. This is achieved through;
- Training people to be able to work at high performance standards, recognise potential hazards and risk, and understand how to deal with such hazards and risks.
- Develop and maintain policies and systems that promote and deliver continuous improvement in Safety and Health performance;
- Monitoring and regularly reviewing key risks in the areas of Safety and Health at all its operations and projects;
- Review compliance with applicable laws, regulations and operational policies and standards relating to Safety and Health.
- Recognise safety and Health as an ingredient of high performance production.
ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT AND MONITORING
The Company is committed to responsible environmental management. It will ensure each operation and project develops systems and procedures to;
- Complying with all applicable statutory and regulatory environmental obligations and Company Policies.
- Train all people involved in our operations and project such that they are;
- fully aware of our environmental obligations; and
- understand the systems and procedures in place to achieve these obligations.
- Continually monitoring our environmental performance to demonstrate compliance; and
- Identify viable opportunities for improvement in our environmental performance.